FIZZ What is going on with the data? I'm giving you 24 hours for an explanation or else I'm out!

Options
Terrell R.
Terrell R. Posts: 6 ✭✭
My data and my girlfriend's stopped working out of nowhere today. Does anyone have answers?

Answers

• Terrell R.
    Terrell R. Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm hoping some of the people that work at Fizz can see this. The support isn't so direct when it takes several hours for a single response. I want answers. I don't want to rat race around for clues on what's happening here.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,932 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Terrell

Sorry you are having phone issues. As mentioned, others are experiencing data issues while using Fizz EXT.

Are you able to connect to Fizz network or select a different Fizz EXT network? Some have reported the problem with LTE but 3G network is working. Also mobile partners Rogers and Bell seem to be working but Telus might not work. After switching network, try putting your phone on airplane mode for 30 seconds.

If the problem continues, you can contact customer support by chat:

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.
    3- Open a Fizz help page like this one: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-make-sure-my-mobile-service-working-properly
    4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • clau3166
    clau3166 Posts: 132 ✭✭
    Options
    You wont get any help here, unfortunately. You should contact the Fizz customer service directly. Try the green chat bubble on this site or Facebook Messenger isnt bad either. good luck!
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Options
    Terrell,
    Sorry,
    This morning, FIZZ Ext works for me.
    I hope that it works now for everybody.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,207 admin
    Options
    Hello Terrell,
    We're truly sorry to hear about this situation encountered and that you've had difficulties in reaching us. Rest assured that we are also able to provide assistance in real-time over chat. For all the necessary information on how to contact us that way, you can check our page: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    I recommend rebooting the phone and once it's back on, to make sure that Wifi is turned off and only mobile data is on, to also try and turn on airplane mode for a few seconds, then back off as Fizzy suggested as well.
    Should there still be a situation after this, I recommend to try to disable automatic network search, then manually connect to Fizz EXT then back to Fizz. Depending on your device, you will be able to do this from:
    Android: Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search networks → Fizz EXT then Fizz
    iPhone: Settings → Operators → Fizz EXT then Fizz
    For more useful information, you can check our page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-use-my-phone-to-access-the-internet
    Please contact us on any channel you'd prefer if by any chance there's still a situation afterward.
    Thank you for your understanding and I wish you a lovely day,
    -Ioana
This discussion has been closed.