Not connecting to Xbox one?

Options
It is connected to wifi but I can’t connect online. Is it because you don’t support ipv6? We have ipv4.

Answers

• Mastaiso
    Mastaiso Posts: 835 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Sarah, there are almost no carrier that support ipv6.
    Try rebooting your modem/router and Xbox. The issue could be with the Xbox server.
    Have a nice day :)
  • Lieux
    Lieux Posts: 2,528 ✭✭
    Options
    I am not an expert with Xbox but I have read some Fizz have it. Did you disable the bands on your modem? Here in point 4
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,930 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Sarah

Here are a few things to try:
    1. Try connecting your Xbox directly to the Fizz modem with an ethernet cable.

If all is well, then you can proceed to test your Xbox using the wifi connection.
    2. You should make a choice to use the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz frrequency. Then you can disable the other unused frequency to conduct your test. Or you may want to disable band steering on the Fizz modem.

Here are some tips from experts:
    "If your Xbox One is close to your wireless router, experts recommend connecting to 5Ghz wireless band. If your Xbox One is out of the line of sight, or in a different room than your router, experts recommend connecting to 2.4GHz wireless band."

"With 802.11n, Xbox One can use the 5GHz wireless band which eliminates considerable interference from other devices in the home, such as cordless phones, Bluetooth devices and microwaves."
This discussion has been closed.