My apartment # isn't an option?

Options
Gary S. #21940
Gary S. #21940 Posts: 1 ✭✭
I live in a basement apartment (apt #2) of a house, but this apt is not recognised by the Fizz address check. The house address receives service, and I am certain that I can get Fizz to replace my current Bell service... but not if I cannot enter the correct apt # and I do not want to just enter the main house address and have the technician checking their service instead of mine.
The chat function didn't get me anywhere as the response was simply to check back in the future to see if my address would be covered.
Any ideas on how to proceed with Fizz or do I have to give up and stick with Bell?
Thanks

Answers

• OoumFiss
    OoumFiss Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Gary ,
    Have you checked the availability of the address directly through Videotron ??
    http://www.videotron.com/residential/internet/residential-internet#/! ( click on Check service availability at bottom of page to the right of phone number ).
    If the main address appears but not your particular apt # , it simply means your apt # is NOT in Videotron address database and thus no service can be installed because it does not appear on their address list to install any services although the network is present at main address.
    Since Fizz use Videotron's infrastructure and database Fizz would not be able to place an order for installation.
    Try to call Videotron and ask them to place your address with apt# in their address for service database.
    Best of luck!
  • Nathan
    Nathan Posts: 477 ✭✭
    Options
    Hope everything gets sorted out!
  • sman
    sman Posts: 4,327 ✭✭
    Options
    Contact the support
  • Yelena
    Yelena Posts: 1,861 ✭✭
    Options
    Contact the support by messenger. They reply pretty fast. It has always worked for me.
  • redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Options
    Time to select a "Best Answer" to close this discussion.
  • Benoit D. #9220
    Benoit D. #9220 Posts: 284 ✭✭
    Options
    contact fizz
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,215 admin
    Options
    Hello Gary,
    I'm really sorry to hear about it!
    Please rest assured that we would like very much to have you as our customer. As my colleague has already explained to you via the live chat conversation, our service is not yet available to all the addresses. You can also have a look at our FAQ: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-can-i-do-if-fizz-home-internet-is-not-available-at-my-service-address
    I would invite you to try again from time to time to see if your address has been updated in our system as being eligible for the installation. Thank you for your kind understanding.
    Have a good one!
    Radu
This discussion has been closed.