Answered question

Can I still use my data upgrades that I earned even if I do not have data on my plan to start with?

I have two 250mb upgrades that will take into effect next month but I'm not sure if they will work since my plan is a text-only plan.

yes you can. I asked Fizz and they said it was ok. My daughter only have text and talk and when I was given the data updates I asked FIZZ and they said yes you can use them. I tried it and it didn't work at first. I had to set up the configuration files as per FIZZ parameters found here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-network-settings-apn

This was needed as the files sent to her phone on activation did not include the data parameters. Once I changed then it worked perfectly.

She now has 750 MB data which are the upgrades.

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

My son's plan has no data and has been able to use data perks and data upgrades consistently. He has been able to switch out the initial 250mb upgrade to a 500 mb upgrade with no issues. The only thing that it does not give you is the ability to receive data gifts.

S
S

S

User level
Level
198 / 750
I am able to use data perks and data upgrades on my texting only plan. I can't receive data gifts because I do not have data on my plan.

code_WD3TG
code_WD3TG

code_WD3TG

User level
Level
272 / 750
Text only plan since January and I was able to use all data perks, gifted data perks, and data upgrades. No regular data gifting was allowed to my account.

Legandir
Legandir

Legandir

User level
Level
1850 / 2000
I got no data plan and im using right now 1 g or free data because if the upgrades!