Answered question

Buy a SIM card

I want to know if I had a SIM card from another company and I want to keep my number , Do I have to buy a new SIM card from FIZZ or not?

Payam
Payam

Payam

User level
Level
1 / 100
point

You need to buy a SIM card from Fizz and transfer your number

here the guide

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz

If you need a referral code this is mine K61CD, with this code you will receive 25$ to be applied to your 3rd payment.

It is important to add the referral code must be used during the creation of your plan when the taxes are shown

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Veranika
Veranika

Veranika

User level
Level
98 / 100
As far as I know yes , you need to order new one from fizz.
when you activate your new sim card you can choose option switch your number to fizz

Every Mobile Company/carrier has it's own specific Sim card that you have to have in order to be on their cellular network, if you want Fizz Mobile, buy Fizz Sim card, and during activation click on transfer my number, you have to supply your old carrier account number or your phone's IEMI number to keep your old phone number.
During activation you can use my referral number 7UJV7 for $25 bonus after you pay your second Bill.

Yes, you need a new SIM card from Fizz. It is very fast usually 2-3 days and you have it.
I am still looking for my first reference so if you are interested by a 25$ discount on your 3rd bill put my code 4PJMD when you choose your plan. You have to put it at the end near the 911 information.

Yes you do. You need a SIM card from your provider in order to use their network. Your telephone number on the other hand is transferable. When you sign up just specify that you wish to transfer your number.

Also, as others mentioned, Fizz gives you (and the person who referred you) a $25 discount if you sign up using a referral code. If you need one, you can use mine: E6V3F

GOAT
GOAT

GOAT

User level
Level
2297 / 5000
You definitely need a Fizz SIM card to use the Fizz service.

Leifuer
Leifuer

Leifuer

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
yes you need to buy a new SIM card, but you can keep your number when activating your Fizz account.

if you need the Ref code, please use this: PRHS4.

Thanks and good luck!

Sanjay
Sanjay

Sanjay

User level
Level
344 / 750
yes, you need a new sim and can transfer your number