"Lost mobile data connection" after Android 10 upgrade on Pixel 2?

Options
Immediately after upgrading to Android 10 on my Pixel 2 last night, my phone showed the message "Lost mobile ata connection. Data roaming is turned off. Tap to turn on." The phone shows that it's roaming, not connected to Fizz or Fizz Ext. No changes were made (by me) to the APN settings and they look correct. I've restarted and switched airplane mode on and off several times. Still no connection. Any ideas on what's happening? Suggestions?
Thanks.

Answers

• Code_KRUEW
    Code_KRUEW Posts: 400 ✭✭
    Options
    Turn off "Automatically select network" and see if you can manually choose Fizz. If you don't see it, the signal may be too weak and that's why it's going on Fizz EXT.
  • Allison W.
    Allison W. Posts: 1,272 ✭✭
    Options
    In that screenshot you provided, roaming is turned off. Roaming needs to be switched on to work in the Fizz EXT areas.
  • James M. #10312
    Options
    It does work if I turn roaming on; however prior to my upgrade to Android 10 it I was able to access Fizz EXT without roaming being turned on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Allison W.
    Allison W. Posts: 1,272 ✭✭
    Options
    Well, that's odd. Fizz EXT is roaming from the Fizz network. My phone is well under android 10 and I have to switch on roaming to use data on the EXT networks.
This discussion has been closed.