Calls, in and out not working

Options
AlyssaM
AlyssaM Posts: 2 ✭✭
Hey everyone, new member here. Signed up and activated new plan. texts work no problem but in and out calls do not. Does not ring at all. never received the 2 configurations texts for api but did receive the welcome texts. I entered the api settings manually. Tried a factory reset no help. Tech support is not helping. They made me troubleshoot a few things and then told me they need to escalate the issue higher since the rep could not figure it out. That was yesterday but no response yet. They had me enter some codes and got errors like pic attached.
I need this thing to work as my daughter is going back to school on tuesday. This is a brand new Huawei Y6. Could that be the issue???
Please help! Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,759 ✭✭
    Options
    Did you verified that your phone is compatible
    When did you activate?
    Did you transfer the number?
    Did you already try a reboot?
  • Serge O. #3665
    Serge O. #3665 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    Options
    Seul le support est en mesure de vous aider
    Support ;
    08:00 et 21:00 la semaine
    10:00 et 18:00 la fin de semaine.
    CHAT
    Afin de pouvoir clavarder avec le support, assurez-vous de ceci:
    Vous devez être connecté à
    votre compte.
    Vous devez être sur une fiche d aide
    comme :
    https://fizz.ca/fr/faq/quels-sont-les-parametres-reseau-de-fizz-apn

Attendre la bulle de clavardage.
    Tout bloqueur de publicité de votre navigateur doit être désactivé.
    FACEBOOK
    https://m.facebook.com/fizzca
    et cliquer sur envoyer un message
  • Allison W.
    Allison W. Posts: 1,272 ✭✭
    Options
    If they have escalated the issue to their technical team, you'll have to wait for them to fix the issue. I doubt that there's anything any of us subscribers can do for you. Sorry about the rocky start to Fizz services.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,935 ✭✭
    Options

Your phone may not be compatible with Fizz network.

Only 1 sub-model appears to work with Fizz 3G network, not LTE.

If this is the case, you will need to use another phone

or you can check here to see which providers support that phone

https://willmyphonework.net/

• AlyssaM
    AlyssaM Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    thanks for responses but I don't think its the phone the problem. I put in a sim from another Fizz account and it works perfect. I put my sim in that phone and also works perfect. When I put the sim in my phone, no calls in or out only text. I find that weird. I think I will ask Fizz for another sim card.....
  • Gates
    Gates Posts: 835 ✭✭
    Options

In order to help the Fizz community evolve with your question, do not forget to identify the best answer given to you by members of this discussion group using the Make Best Answer button under the answer you deem to be the best.

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,759 ✭✭
    Options
    AlyssaM: Did you try a reset of your phone?
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,935 ✭✭
    Options

@AlyssaM, if you know for sure that your phone works with another FIZZ sim, then go ahead to contact customer support.

Before doing so, you can also try the "non-working" SIM on your other phone.

Fizz will help. It might be that the SIM card is not provisioned properly or that the SIM card is simlply defective.

Good luck!

• Kovid
    Kovid Posts: 588 ✭✭
    Options
    The issue must be fixed by now as the network is quite stable
This discussion has been closed.