Losing internet connection on PC when trying to stream?

Options
Samuel A. 24825
Samuel A. 24825 Posts: 2 ✭✭
It appears like I am losing internet connection on my PC when trying to stream..either games or Netflix. The moment I start Netflix on my PC, my internet connection goes down. Once I close it, connection comes back up.
This seems to mainly affect my PC. When I reset the modem, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I thought it was the banding, so I disabled band steering and airtime fairness. Seemed to help for a while, but now same problem. HELP!!!

Answers

• William H. #8553
    William H. #8553 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Options
    Do you lose the internet connection if you stream on Netflix on another PC or on mobile?
  • Takion
    Takion Posts: 330 ✭✭
    Options
    It could be you have interference on your cable connection try contacting support to do a test on your connection
  • Samuel A. 24825
    Samuel A. 24825 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions. I will check with a wired connection.
    I forgot to mention that my PC is connected via Wireless.
    I tried netflix on my tablet and it works, my xbox as well.
    I see that sometimes on my cell phone, the wireless icon will flash and it will lose connection, but its rare compared to the one on PC.
    I feel like my modem doesn't like my PC for some reason haha
  • Hao7
    Hao7 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem. My home internet cut few times every day, especially game or Youtube. My kid complained to me. I contacted with support, and did what they suggested to me, but not working. Anyway, I will not fight the issue. Sometimes, it is good for kids. They do not play online game anymore, because of the internet issue.
    I think Fizz Home Internet still not perfect, comparing to Videotron (before Fizz, I have Videotron).
  • redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Options
    Some people have said that modem/router provided by Fizz is not the best. You could consider buying another router and simply using the one provided by Fizz as a modem (not a router).
This discussion has been closed.