Answered question

Verification codes

Whenever i need a verification code via sms it never comes. It has happened to me in multiple instances. What should i do to fix it?

Nikolaos
Nikolaos

Nikolaos

User level
Level
14 / 100
You cannot do anything, is a well known problem

https://fizz.ca/en/faq-stabilization-period

A few known issues currently being worked on:
  • Text messages (SMS) sent by certain companies, such as Microsoft and Google to name a few, are not received.
  • Certain devices connected to a Wi-Fi network are not able to send or receive multimedia messages (MMS). 
  • Some services do not work optimally when roaming internationally (outside the U.S.A., varies according to the destination).

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Nikolaos
Nikolaos

Nikolaos

User level
Level
14 / 100
It seems i was able to receive a code when i was with data on one service but not on another. I guess is worth trying with data.

As Mike said, this is a know problem with Fizz. Even says it on stabilisation period message:

What can I expect during the stabilization period?
Expect a few technical hiccups. Other outages are also a possibility.

Examples of potential technical issues:
Interrupted connection for unknown periods of time.
Intermittent or slow service.
A few missed texts or dropped calls.
Connection to the 3G/4G/HSPA+ network rather than the LTE network.
A few known issues currently being worked on:
Text messages (SMS) sent by certain companies, such as Microsoft and Google to name a few, are not received.
Certain devices connected to a Wi-Fi network are not able to send or receive multimedia messages (MMS).
Some services do not work optimally when roaming internationally (outside the U.S.A., varies according to the destination).

Mos
Mos

Mos

User level
Level
679 / 750
With stabilization period in effect there's not much we can expect at this stage.

GOAT
GOAT

GOAT

User level
Level
2297 / 5000
This is a known issue. Hopefully, they're working on it and will have it working for the end of stabilization.

In fact @Dominic, Fizz already use Videotron network. Maybe you refer to the rumour about their move to the Videotron servers and infrastructures. But it's still a rumour.