Answered question

Fizz, the absolute JOKE cell network

I have had so many issues with Fizz that the low price just donesnt seem worth it anymore. When I first enrolled I used a promo code to get the discount. Yet Fizz had issues because there was an outage during the time I enrolled and someone else was assigned the phone number I picked. Long story short, they deleted my number and told me to start a new one and that I would still get my discount...yet after they claimed there was no proof I used a promo code and didnt honor the discount. They basically said screw you and called me a liar.

I still dont get LTE, just 4G. They haven't fixed that yet. Had issues with the voicemail for a long time. An now frequent network outages. Their customer service doesn't nothing but spit out blanket apologies and pre packaged statements for all issues. I was willing to be patient but this is ridiculous.

Any recommendations on a good low cost network provider in Ottawa that isnt a complete joke?

Ryan
Ryan

Ryan

User level
Level
117 / 750
Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Ryan
Ryan

Ryan

User level
Level
117 / 750
Still down for me in Ottawa, has been all day.

Jacob
Jacob

Jacob

User level
Level
235 / 750
I got a sense the network is run by collage kids out of their garage. No serious telecom startup, especially back by one of the established providers would have such poor reliability.

Ryan
Ryan

Ryan

User level
Level
117 / 750
Not according to a googles search David C.

@Ryan according to many Google searches:

4G is the fourth generation of mobile technology. It is also called LTE (Long Term Evolution).

https://techwelkin.com/meaning-mobile-symbols-g-e-2g-3g-h-4g-mobile-internet-signal-bar

The TL;DR of it is that LTE and LTE-A are both essentially forms of “true” 4G.

https://www.androidauthority.com/4g-vs-lte-274882/

I’m asking myself the same question. When my phone service is down for the better part of 4 days in two weeks is it worth the frustration? Fortunately I usually have my work phone with me as well. 2GB of data as compensation when I already had enough to start with is useless.