Why can't I send texts or make calls suddenly?

Options
Sara I. #3616
Sara I. #3616 Posts: 4 ✭✭
I have had a fizz plan for a few months now. I had some issues when I first signed up but everything has been working well since then. Suddenly, on Saturday night (2019-03-16) around 8h30 I could not receive calls or send texts anymore. I tried to reboot the phone and it did not help. I tried to connect to FIZZ ext and reconnect to FIZZ and that did not help either. I tried to put my sim in somebody else's phone who has a fizz plan as well and it did not work (while his plan is working)
Any other suggestions?

Answers

• Allison W.
    Allison W. Posts: 1,272 ✭✭
    Options
    Did you get a text or email or account notification from FIzz?
    Is it your monthly payment date?
  • Sara I. #3616
    Options
    Hi Allison, Thank you for answering. I just verified and it seems like my cycle does end on the 17th. I have automatic payments so I am not even sure how to check if the payment went through on the website but I do see the payment having been made on my credit card. In checking this, I also noticed that when my husband joined FIZZ last week they confused our phone numbers. In other words, his number is under my name and my number is under his name on the website. I don't know if that could be the reason it is not working.
    On the website I also do not see a number of days left to my plan. It is almost as if I did not automatically get transferred into a new month of service.
  • Allison W.
    Options
    Unfortunately no. I don't think you can fix this yourself. You'll have to chat with fizz tomorrow. Your payment might have failed because the name on the number doesn't match the name on the credit card? Or maybe it went through but Fizz thinks it has failed.
    On a side note, I can now see your last name due to changes to community hub. I recommend you go into your account and change that. See instructions in the link below.
    https://community.fizz.ca/questions/1905957-change-username-community-hub
  • Sara I. #3616
    Options
    Thank you! I had no idea I can change my username to not show my last name.
  • Allison W.
    Options
    It is only supposed to be first name and last initial, but there has been a screw up of some sort in implementing changes to the community hub. Once you've changed to a user name, you'll have to log out and then back in to the community hub for the change to take affect.
  • Sara I. #3616
    Options
    It seems like it has changed my name but it does not retrofit to my previous messages.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,191 admin
    Options
    Hi Sara,
    To be able to help you further with your issue, please contact us in private by chat or Facebook, here you have the info: "https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us".
    Have a great day!
    Radu
This discussion has been closed.