Answered question

I don't have 4g,LTE, only 3g+. Isn't this an 4g network?

How we can get support from this rubish operator? Why there is no LTE? Only 3g. How they will compensate? Isn't there an regulator to control the chaos?

Keyvoo
Keyvoo

Keyvoo

User level
Level
12 / 100
Which version of the Oneplus 3 do you have? The north american version should work fine with Fizz, particularly in downtown montreal, since it does support band 4/AWS. The other versions of the phone do not though. This does seem to be a phone issue vs. a carrier issue, since the massive numbers of subscribers in Montreal are not all here complaining about a lack of LTE.

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

MT
MT

MT

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
Did you verify if your phone is compatible with Fizz https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices
Did you configure APN parameters https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-network-settings-apn

ThomasK
ThomasK

ThomasK

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
You need LTE Band 4. Some phone such as Xiaomi doesn't have it.

No blame to Fizz, I do have LTE on my phone. It may be because of your location or your phone (which may not support LTE). Indeed, I did notice that in some "underground" areas of Mtl my connexion is on 3G, but elsewhere it's LTE.

Keyvoo
Keyvoo

Keyvoo

User level
Level
12 / 100
I have oneplus 3 with android 8 running on that. Living in montreal downtown

It's your phone. It doesn't have LTE band 4 and therefore isn't compatible. You also don't have 3G 1700 MHz so you will be using a lot of Fizz Ext on that phone, I would wager. You should get a different phone if you want to stay with Fizz, and should not expect any compensation for failure to get the service you want using a device that can't support it.

MT
MT

MT

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
If you're sure that you're phone is compatible with Fizz network regarding band 4 then you should contact Fizz