Answered question

Home internet huge installation fees ??

Good morning,
Just got my modem / router installation yesterday for beta tester home internet. Took the free installation. (not the VIP one). Everything went smoothly. Except this morning when I had a look to my credit card statement. A 75$ fees from fizz for home internet "broadband subscription". What exactly is that ? Supposed to be free installation and it finally cost me 75$ am I alone in this situation?
Thank you.

Edit: add a screenshot with the detailed invoice.

hadrien
hadrien

hadrien

User level
Level
51 / 100
Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

MT
MT

MT

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
The installation is 30$ ( one time ) .
The monthly subscription is 35$ ( this varies according to the speed that you choose ).
This seems ok.

hadrien
hadrien

hadrien

User level
Level
51 / 100
Ok seems to be then the VIP installation + first month payment. Got it.

But the stuff is that I took the free installation when it was the time to choose.

Hadrien

You should ask Fizz because it seems that they charged 30$ for the installation this amount is the same as the VIP installation. If you ask som help of the thecnician maybe he charged you the fees because on this page it is written that on the same day you can ask for the VIP installation https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-subscribe-to-fizz-home-in... Click on the chat bubble and ask fizz about it.

Serge
Serge

Serge

User level
Level
654 / 750
As soon as a technican need to touch a coax cable for your modem to work, they charge you VIP install at 30$. But hey! Look at how much money you will save now! ;)

hadrien
hadrien

hadrien

User level
Level
51 / 100
Serge, yes i am gonna save money but it is not the point here. Took the free installation and finally went to the vip just because he touched the modem ?

Serge
Serge

Serge

User level
Level
654 / 750
During the order there is a place where it says they can charge you an install fee if the technician need to install a cable. Maybe that was outside your house/apartment.

Serge
Serge

Serge

User level
Level
654 / 750
Also, the vip includes installation and configuration of the modem. So if he unboxed and connected the power cable to the modem for you, that’s a vip install..

hadrien
hadrien

hadrien

User level
Level
51 / 100
Haha i might force him not to do so ? Little bit weird. The man is supposed to know I ask for a free installation right ? Anyway. 30$ get robbed. As you said i will now save money. So everything is ok....

Serge
Serge

Serge

User level
Level
654 / 750
The tech don’t know Fizz prices or anything. He just scan the s/n on the modem itself, and he chose an option if he needed to install something. Try contacting Fizz and explain the situation they might do something for you. ;)

hadrien
hadrien

hadrien

User level
Level
51 / 100
Ok thanks for the help Serge. :)

hadrien
hadrien

hadrien

User level
Level