Answered question

Videotron app?

I factory reset my phone and noticed there is now a "User Centre +" app with the Videotron logo on my phone. I was never prompted to download this app. Is it legit and if so, can I use it to manage my Fizz account?

Caroline
Caroline

Caroline

User level
Level
55 / 100
Anne

Anne

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
No you can’t, as a current videotron and fizz user. Videotron app has own username and associated with videotron sim, and videotron billing. Fizz sim IS NOT videotron sim though it use videotron network.

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Caroline
Caroline

Caroline

User level
Level
55 / 100
I have a Pixel 3. I don't remember noticing the app prior to the factory reset.

MT
MT

MT

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
I think that is due to Fizz sim card. I got a similar on Blackberry z10, it was only a logo not really an app. Remove the sim & put the old sim back on , the "logo" should be gone.

Ken
Ken

Ken

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
I think it happens when you do a reset with a SIM installed. I've seen Telus apps and Rogers apps preloaded after a reset when the respective SIMs were installed

Caroline
Caroline

Caroline

User level
Level
55 / 100
So I am using a Pixel 3 phone bought from the Google store.

After a factory reset, I inserted the Fizz sim card and noticed the Videotron app. I don't think that app was on my phone before the reset, but I could be mistaken. I have been using that same sim card with the same phone for a few weeks already. I have never been a Videotron customer.

In the app, there is a function to view your data consumption without logging in. I had high hopes, but they need to send a verification code to your phone, and we all know that those codes don't always work with Fizz!!!!! I tried it and it didn't work, either because of the code that I did not receive or because I am not a Videotron customer. Ironic that the useless app was installed automatically.

Thanks anyway everybody!