Videotron app?

Options
Cytochrome
Cytochrome Posts: 15 ✭✭
I factory reset my phone and noticed there is now a "User Centre +" app with the Videotron logo on my phone. I was never prompted to download this app. Is it legit and if so, can I use it to manage my Fizz account?

Answers

• Allison W.
    Allison W. Posts: 1,272 ✭✭
    Options
    What kind of phone do you have? I've not seen that myself, nor have I heard of it.
  • Cytochrome
    Options
    I have a Pixel 3. I don't remember noticing the app prior to the factory reset.
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    I think that is due to Fizz sim card. I got a similar on Blackberry z10, it was only a logo not really an app. Remove the sim & put the old sim back on , the "logo" should be gone.
  • Kenny L. #23
    Kenny L. #23 Posts: 794 ✭✭
    Options
    I think it happens when you do a reset with a SIM installed. I've seen Telus apps and Rogers apps preloaded after a reset when the respective SIMs were installed
  • Anne H. #1344
    Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
    Options
    No you can’t, as a current videotron and fizz user. Videotron app has own username and associated with videotron sim, and videotron billing. Fizz sim IS NOT videotron sim though it use videotron network.
  • Cytochrome
    Options

So I am using a Pixel 3 phone bought from the Google store.

After a factory reset, I inserted the Fizz sim card and noticed the Videotron app. I don't think that app was on my phone before the reset, but I could be mistaken. I have been using that same sim card with the same phone for a few weeks already. I have never been a Videotron customer.

In the app, there is a function to view your data consumption without logging in. I had high hopes, but they need to send a verification code to your phone, and we all know that those codes don't always work with Fizz!!!!! I tried it and it didn't work, either because of the code that I did not receive or because I am not a Videotron customer. Ironic that the useless app was installed automatically.

Thanks anyway everybody!

This discussion has been closed.