I get an error when resending network parameters. Anybody else having the same issues?

Options
James M. #1533
James M. #1533 Posts: 88 ✭✭
Whenever I click the “Resend me the notifications” button, I get an error message immediately with no other details. Anybody else have this issue as well?

Answers

• ReneD
    ReneD Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    Options
    @James M.
    I wonder if it's related to the fact that I'm using an iPhone though.
  • Kenny L. #23
    Kenny L. #23 Posts: 794 ✭✭
    Options
    That worked last week when my friend used it. You can just add it manually though. It's not difficult.
  • Jonathan C. 2531
    Jonathan C. 2531 Posts: 175 ✭✭
    Options
    I have tried several times over the last month and although I haven't received an error I've also never received the network parameters. I just set it up manually. I don't think there's any real difference either way.
  • Allison W.
    Allison W. Posts: 1,272 ✭✭
    Options
    I use android, and nothing happens when I click on "resend network parameters". No error, but no texts either. I think that part of their site is just broken, nothing to do with android or iphone.
  • Jonathan C. 2531
    Jonathan C. 2531 Posts: 175 ✭✭
    Options
    I tried again just for fun and I still didn't get an error but also still didn't get any texts.
  • kamurb
    kamurb Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Options
    I am also facing the same issue :(
  • kamurb
    Options
    Data was working initially after inserting the SIM. I was not getting incoming messages. Also, I didn't get the APN settings message. I have configured the network setting manually. Now, data is also not working!!! very strange...
  • sahar M.
    sahar M. Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options
    You can do it manually.
    I had the same problem and I did it manually and it fixed the problem. Now my intrnet data works.
    Does anybody knows what to do if the sms with image or video eoesn't work?
    I can only send and receive text messages, but not images.
  • kamurb
    Options
    Thanks.. after doing configuration manually everything started to work after sometime, I forgot to mention here.
  • Efim Muratov
    Efim Muratov Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    Well, if the 'resend parameters' doesn't work, why don't you remove the button, in order to avoid confusion?
    Otherwise, make the interface user friendly, so that people actually see the rest of the page, and don't go elsewhere to clarify on the issue
  • Efim Muratov
    Efim Muratov Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    Actually even better, remove all the content, but this:
    "Steps to follow for configuring the APN can vary from one phone to another. Here's an example:
    Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Access Point Names → APN

Fizz APN settings are:
    APN: mobile.bm
    MMSC: http://mms.mobile.bm
    MMS proxy: mmsproxy.mobile.bm
    MMS port: 80
    APN type: default,mms,supl"
    from https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-network-settings-apn
  • jcarpini
    jcarpini Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options
    i am texting and the message will not send its always telling me errors
  • Francesco L.
    Francesco L. Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Options
    I've set up a few phones and sometimes i got the notifications and sometimes I did not. I think the trick to be able to get the notifications is to restart the phone. If you get the ERROR, it's because FIzz never sent the notification. Once they send it, then the resend works.
    In the phone I just set up now, I did not get the notification when i put the SIM in. I just got the first text message from Fizz that my activation was complete. So naturally I went to do the Resend, and had the ERROR. I figured I would restart the phone to see if I get the notification and I did. At this point if I try to click resend it works.
    So folks try to restart the phone after you get the first text that your activation is complete and you may get the notification for the network parameters.
    Otherwise like others said you can do it manually.
This discussion has been closed.