Unanswered question

Dropping calls?

Has anyone had an issue with calls dropping 1 minutes and 40 seconds after hearing 3 beeps? This is a very frustrating issue

Amanda
Amanda

Amanda

User level
Level
13 / 100
Answers

E
E

E

User level
Level
3348 / 5000
There’s another post with exactly the same issue - happened to me three times in the last hour.

R
R

R

User level
Level
563 / 750
Are you all on FIZZ-EXT?

Jia
Jia

Jia

User level
Level
532 / 750
haha my call lasted for 1 minute and 40 seconds :o beat this lmao
Don't know why this is happening since the whole point of a phone company should be able to at least make a phone call without dropping haha

R
R

R

User level
Level
563 / 750
The only way this will be fixed is if everyone contacts Fizz either through chat or the contact form in your account.

On my chat today the answer was "I know there are more customers experiencing the same issue, but for now it hasn't been declared as an incident."

Alan Roth
Alan Roth

Alan Roth

User level
Level
63 / 100
I had the same thing. In my opinion it's like the network thinks the call hasn't been answered so it times out after about 1m38s and disconnects. If you look at the description of the call in your log it probably says "cancelled" without any time next to it.

Pierre
Pierre

Pierre

User level
Level
21 / 100
I'm having the same problem in the Ottawa area. It's really frustrating when you're trying to have a conversation.

Thilochan
Thilochan

Thilochan

User level
Level
125 / 750
I am experiencing the same issue. I have submitted a complaint via my account portal. Suggesting other users too to submit a complaint if you are experiencing the same so that the issue gets escalated.

jia
jia

jia

User level
Level
34 / 100
$%&$%*$^*$^*$^*$^$^*$ same thing!!

Vladimir Tabara
Vladimir Tabara

Vladimir Tabara

User level
Level
25 / 100
Same thing.
Started around 6pm.Laval area. On Fizz. Not Fizz EXT as someone suggested. Regardless incoming/outgoing.

Amanda
Amanda

Amanda

User level
Level
13 / 100
I contacted fizz and this issue is now a Known issue with the network they are currently working on the issue

And this is what Fizz told me to do:

Can you please check if you have the Fizz carrier 36.0.1 installed also while connected to the wi-fi? Can you please make a manual network search and switch to Fizz EXT and after a few minutes switch back to Fizz? If the issue persists, can you please try enabling airplane mode for 30 seconds and after disable it?

And their explanation of the issue:

As the issue that you specified is not constant can be due to the fact that the coverage is not adequate in some places, therefore, I kindly invite you to have a look at our FAQ about this subject on the following link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-can-i-do-if-mobile-network-coverage-is-weak-or-inaccessible

I have been experiencing the same issues since early January 2020. It used to happen when I stayed on long calls but the last call dropped at the 5 mins mark, it's becoming an issue that I no longer can ignore now.