Unanswered question

How come mobile data not working on iphone5?

How come I cannot set the APN settings on iPhone 5? The mobile data is not working only voice and text are working. The Carrier setting shows Videotron 28.2.5 instead of Fizz. How can I update the carrier setting to Fizz and also on how to update the APN setting on iPhone 5?

Jasper
Jasper

Jasper

User level
Level
21 / 100
Answers

Pat
Pat

Pat

User level
Level
874 / 2000
You need ios 12.1 so a minimum of iPhone 5s. There is a way to get fizz working on ios 11.

Jasper
Jasper

Jasper

User level
Level
21 / 100
Only iOS 10.3.3 on iPhone 5 can't get more than that...

Pat
Pat

Pat

User level
Level
874 / 2000
I haven't seen a solution for ios 10. Here is the solution for ios 11

https://www.reddit.com/r/FizzMobile/comments/9wz1lo/got_d...

S
S

S

User level
Level
2620 / 5000
yup to be officially supported you need to be on ios 12.1

Jasper
Jasper

Jasper

User level
Level
21 / 100
If I’m going to get a newer iPhone with 12.1.1 iOS, should it be working fine? I registered the IMEI from iphone5, should I let them know that I have a new phoneor is it plug and play?

E
E

E

User level
Level
3348 / 5000
Iphone5 is obsolete you need a 5s or better.

The iPhone 5 does not have the frenquency band for aws 1700/2100 so it won't work on the Fizz/Videotron network. You will always be on Fizz EXT if you use it. So they made the carrier bundle (apn settings) update version Fizz 34.1 or 35 to push to iPhone 5s and up.

Pat
Pat

Pat

User level
Level
874 / 2000
Jasper, it's just plug and play. I switch my sim around all the time. I don't even know where I would register the IMEI.

Ravnoor
Ravnoor

Ravnoor

User level
Level
267 / 750
Only the iPhone 5 models numbers ending in FH19, FH1C, FH1D, FH1F, FH1G, FH1H have support for AWS, which Fizz (Videotron) mostly uses.

Tap Settings > General > About and check if your serial number ends with any of these four-digit combinations.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FizzMobile/comments/9wz1lo/got_d...