RCS error?

Options
Manny L.
Manny L. Posts: 99 ✭✭
My messages app on Galaxy s8 suddenly send to try to send RCS texts and when it doesn't work out asks me if I should revert to sms. Anyone else getting this? Is it Fizz trying to implement RCS?

Answers

• kokoboko
    kokoboko Posts: 324 ✭✭
    Options
    no issue with my phone. restart. use default app
  • Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options
    @Manny you seem the only one in this situation. It weird if you contact the support and obtain an answer please share it with us. Have a nice day :)
  • NinjaBunga
    NinjaBunga Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Options
    I don't have this issue with my android phone (One Plus 5T). You might want to try contacting the support team. You can contact them through facebook messenger.
  • Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options
    For those wondering :
    "Rich Communication Services (RCS) is a communication protocol between mobile telephone carriers and between phone and carrier, aiming at replacing SMS messages with a text-message system that is richer, provides phonebook polling (for service discovery), and can transmit in-call multimedia."
    — Wikipedia
    We have SMS (text only) and MMS (multimedia not using SMS service). RCS is meant to be the next step.
    Interesting article: https://www.esendex.co.uk/blog/post/what-is-the-difference-between-sms-and-rcs-messaging/
  • oberon
    oberon Posts: 90 ✭✭
    Options
    To disable Chat features and return to Text (SMS/MMS) for Samsung Messages, open the app select the three dots on the right-hand side of the screen, then select "Settings/Chat settings." Disable the Rich Communication settings
This discussion has been closed.