Internet up and down a lot over past two hours

Options
Tee
Tee Posts: 13 ✭✭
What is going on with Fizz/Videotron Internet in the Montreal area in the past 90-180 minutes. Constantly going down and signal quality low messages appear on Illico box too.

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,896 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Tee

Please try unplugging your modem from the electrical outlet for at least 1 minute. Also unplug the coaxial cable from the coaxial outlet and the modem respectively, then plug it back in the outlet first and then in the modem, then try restarting the modem.

Check the led status lights on the modem. If one of the 2 arrows is off or flashing this means that you have a problem with the signal, the coaxial cable can be a problem in your sector. For this kind of problem, you must contact Fizz support.

There could be maintenance in your area.

If the problem continues, you can contact customer support by chat:
    1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.
    3- Click on this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it
    4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Options
    Been there and done that. It's not a modem reboot issue. This is a network issue.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,896 ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry it does look like there is maintenance in your area.

To confirm the situation, you can contact Fizz support: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,098 admin
    Options
    Hello Tee,
    We're sincerely sorry to hear about this situation. I kindly wish to inform you that I checked your account and I can see that your internet plan is active and in good standing. However, I notice there are some maintenance works carried out in your area that are currently affecting the service.
    Rest assured, our technicians are already on the field and working to fix this in the shortest possible time.
    Thank you so much for your understanding and patience.
    I wish you a lovely day,
    -Ioana
This discussion has been closed.