Fizz Outages Since Friday (Feb. 2021)

Hello: I've experienced multiple internet outages since Friday with no other issues with my modem or connected devices: Friday, February 12th (all day), Monday February 15th (10:00 to 1300) and today (Wednesday, Feb. 17th) since 0830. Switching to Google's DNS server settings is not helping today. Are there continued issues in Montreal?

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭
    Hi Mark

No issues with my home internet since the outage last Friday.

Are you able to connect a device to the modem by ethernet cable? Can you check if the problem affects WiFi only or both ethernet & WiFi?

Please try unplugging your modem from the electrical outlet for at least 1 minute. Also unplug the coaxial cable from the coaxial outlet and the modem respectively, then plug it back in the outlet first and then in the modem, then try restarting the modem.

Check the led status lights on the modem. If one of the 2 arrows is off or flashing this means that you have a problem with the signal, the coaxial cable can be a problem in your sector. For this kind of problem, you must contact Fizz support.

If there is no improvement, you can also try a factory reset of the modem by using a sharp object to press and hold on the small button found behind the modem for 10+ seconds, then let the modem reboot itself and test the connection.
    Be aware that you may need to redo the modem configuration.

More info here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it

If the problem continues, you can contact customer support by chat:
    1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.
    3- Click on this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it
    4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,785 admin
    Hello Mark,
    I am sorry for the situation encountered.
    I have made the necessary checks on my tools and I kindly inform you that the technical team is making further maintenance work in your area, and this is causing issues with your Internet service.
    Rest assured that our technical team is working on this to have it solved as soon as possible.
    Thank you very much for your patience and understanding.
    Have a good day!
    Adelina
This discussion has been closed.