why am i on ext while in subscription area

I'm thinking of moving to Ste-Adele. That is in the subscription area. Last time I visited some houses, my phone was on Fizz EXT. Why is that ? I don't want to move there and find out after that my service will be cancelled because I mainly use my mobile in EXT.
What can I do to make sure I'm on the Fizz network in that area ?

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,641 ✭✭
    hi Jean-François

There is nothing that you can do, if your phone had the automatic selection for the networ operator. This means that videotron's tower do not cover you area, you cannot do nothing.

The steps for enabling your phone to automatically choose a network vary depending on the type of phone. Here are two examples:

Android: Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search networks → Automatic/Fizz

iPhone: Settings → Operators → Automatic/Fizz
  • StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Nothing really. It means that the coverage is not fully adequate.
    Maybe reach out to customer support. They might be able to provide you with some advice.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭
    Hi Jean-Francois

While you are there, you can try turning off roaming on your phone to see if you can access Fizz network.

You can also check here for the location of Fizz/Videoton cell towers in Ste-Adele:
    https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html
  • sman
    sman Posts: 4,217 ✭✭
    Fizzy the roaming option is not only for data?
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Jean-François,
    Sorry,
    Just try to choose automatic/Fizz on the settings of your phone.
    If you cant, you'll be obliged to change provider after 3 months of using Fizz EXT.
This discussion has been closed.