Answered question

ddos protection?

i used to be with videotron / now i am with bell but
sadly none of these 2 have ddos protection, i am a target since i run a decent of online community's so i would like to see what you guys think about it / what router / does this service provide enough protection?

Glock
Glock

Glock

User level
Level
11 / 100
Mike

Mike

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
Hi Glock

If I understood correctly you have a server at home and your problem is that you do not have enought bandwidth since you are target with a DDOS attack.

Are you sure that it is a DDOS attack?

Suppose that you have a https, it is normal that thousand of IP are asking for pages that you do not have in order to find a specific software with a possible bug.

Therefore, at your level you can put a block in your router firewall, but the traffic is still there, you can turn off the modem for hours or a day in order to have a new IP but if you run a server they will get the new ip eventually.

The way to protect against a DDOS attach depende from the attach, can be as easy to drop ICMP or something else.

The providers do not offer this kind of problems since you have a home usage internet.

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Mike
Mike

Mike

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
Hi

If you run a server you need to implement your ddos protection

For example
You have a HTTP server, someone will request 1000 pages, the must compute intense, your server will have some problem. Therefore, you need to adjust your firewall and the server to limit this

All this to tell you that the router alone cannot do much

Glock
Glock

Glock

User level
Level
11 / 100
btw its not my servers that are the problem its my home network that keeps getting targeted so im not sure what to do. (my servers already have protection its just my home connection)