Internet down in the Gay Village, Montreal H2K?

Options
Internet has been down since at least 3:00 PM. Followed steps 1-7 on the "My Wi-Fi network is cutting out. How do I fix it?" page to no avail (including factory reset). The internet intermittently comes in and out but when it does I get .2 mb/s download. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Need the internet for work.

Answers

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,106 admin
    Options
    Hi Lucas,
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    I understand and I'm sorry for the situation.
    I checked on your account and on your connection signals where I can see that they off from the optimal parameters, with some package loss and broadcast congestions.
    However, there is no incident or maintenance work being performed in the area that could've caused the disruption.
    Would you kindly please unplug the coaxial cable from the coaxial outlet and the modem respectively, wait for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in the outlet first and then in the modem, then restart it?
    Also, please perform a factory reset of the modem by using a sharp object to press on the small button in the orifice behind the modem for 15 to 20 seconds, then let the modem reboot itself and test the connection.
    Following this, please change the connection bandwidth from 2.4GHZ to 5GHZ as shown here below:
    The modification of this option is possible thanks to the mobile application Fizz Wi-Fi:
    Choose: ''My Wi-Fi''
    Select your Wi-Fi network
    Select: ''Advanced Settings''
    Band Steering ''On/Off''
    This change can also be applied through the Wi-Fi modem user interface:
    1. Log in at:192.168.0.1 from the web browser of any device.
    2. Log in using the following information:
    Username: cusadmin
    Password: xxxxxxxx (Password you chose during initial setup)
    3. Go to the next section to apply changes:
    Wireless → General Settings → 5GHz → Band Steering (Disable)
    I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
    More helpful details can be found here:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it
    Have a good one!
    Andrei
This discussion has been closed.