Fizz Application won't connect to modem?

Options
Paul G. #29488
Paul G. #29488 Posts: 6 ✭✭
Our wifi has been very buggy, cutting in an out. My fizz application on my phone is not connecting to the modem, even though I have internet. I also am logged in on my desktop browser and the chat button is not appearing, I suspect also because there is a problem connecting to the modem. I'm not sure what the next step is get some technical help.

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,924 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Paul

If other devices are able to connect to the wifi, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fizz app.

You can also try restarting the modem. If the issue continues, you will have to do a factory reset of the modem. Press and hold the small button found behind the modem for 10+ seconds with a small pointy object like paper clip end.
  • StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options
    Did you try to reset the modem completely. Switch it on and off?
  • JoanMr
    JoanMr Posts: 330 ✭✭
    Options
  • Paul G. #29488
    Paul G. #29488 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, for the response. If I reboot the modem, the app will connect for a bit but then it cuts out again. I can't perform the speed test for example. On desktop I am unable to access the chat, when I press on the question mark it turns to an x, but no chat window opens. I'm wondering if it is also because there is a problem connecting to the modem. Again, internet is connected (though not well) but the app says it is not connected to the modem. Thanks
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,166 admin
    Options
    Hi Paul,
    Thank you for letting us know about this situation.
    I understand and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
    I checked on your account and on your connection signals where I can see that they are within the optimal parameters, with no package loss or broadcast congestion.
    There is no incident or maintenance work being performed in the area that could've caused the disruption.
    Would you kindly please unplug the coaxial cable from the coaxial outlet and the modem respectively, wait for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in the outlet first and then in the modem, then restart it?
    Also, please perform a factory reset of the modem by using a sharp object to press on the small button in the orifice behind the modem for 15 to 20 seconds, then let the modem reboot itself and test the connection.
    Following this, please change the connection bandwidth from 2.4GHZ to 5GHZ as shown here below:
    The modification of this option is possible thanks to the mobile application Fizz Wi-Fi:
    Choose: ''My Wi-Fi''
    Select your Wi-Fi network
    Select: ''Advanced Settings''
    Band Steering ''On/Off''
    This change can also be applied through the Wi-Fi modem user interface:
    1. Log in at:192.168.0.1 from the web browser of any device.
    2. Log in using the following information:
    Username: cusadmin
    Password: xxxxxxxx (Password you chose during initial setup)
    3. Go to the next section to apply changes:
    Wireless → General Settings → 5GHz → Band Steering (Disable)
    You can contact us directly via your computer browser or via your phone with the Desktop view active and talk to us about this case.
    Here you can find more information about how you can contact us: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    Thank you very much for your understanding.
    Have a good one!
    Andrei
This discussion has been closed.