No internet with personal router ?

Joeyh
Joeyh Posts: 2 ✭✭
Using personal router instead of the one supplied.
Followed the instructions to use your own router (disable WIFI and Residential Gateway).
https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-use-my-own-wi-fi-router-fizz
Have no internet access, the WAN port of my router gets an IP of 23.233.241.241/24 which i can ping but no internet.
If I clone the MAC address of the Fizz modem to my router I get a different IP of 10.132.45.246/22 which I can also ping but no internet.
Seems I get access to Fizz but not the internet, so clearly I get a connection but no further than Fizz.
Please do not ask to reset and or restart the modem and my router which I have done several times in proper order.
Thinking that Fizz is applying MAC address filtering.

Answers

• Joeyh
    Joeyh Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Not DNS, can't ping any IP on the net, ex: 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4
  • StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Please contact support
  • ANJALI G.
    ANJALI G. Posts: 8 ✭✭
    you can chat with customer support through the chat bubble.
  • Gabriele G.
    Gabriele G. Posts: 167 ✭✭
    I think it is better to contact the support through your account or Facebook in this case.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,807 admin
    Hello Joeyh,
    We're so sorry to hear about this situation. I took a look at your account and I see that you've reached us regarding this matter and one of my colleagues has already further helped with this. We informed everything's alright on our end regarding the Fizz connectivity and recommended testing in other ports and to also make sure the router is correctly configured, as per the information which can be found on our FAQ with how to install your own router.
    Apart from this, since we're not the ones who provided the device, we can also recommend contacting the customer's support of the router's manufacturer as well.
    If by any chance there's still a situation, kindly reach out to us in order for us to further assist: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    Thank you so much for your understanding.
    Have a lovely day,
    -Ioana
This discussion has been closed.