Payment failed but my credit card is working and was successfully added. What's wrong?

Options
Yu-Yueh
Yu-Yueh Posts: 8 ✭✭
I've been trying to make a payment for 2 days and I keep receiving emails from Fizz saying my payments did not go through.
I've spoken with customer support at least 3 times and they even escalated the ticket to their 'technical team' without resolution.
My old credit card expires in February so I successfully added the new card (same number different expire date and cvv) as a new payment method to my account.
I made purchases with my new credit card so I know it works, I called my bank and they told me everything was fine on their side.
What's wrong Fizz? Please fix this issue.

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,729 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Yu-Yuen

Did you associated your new credit card with your plan?

This is the full procedure

If you need to add a new credit card
    1- In your Fizz account, go to My Profile
    2- Click on Payment methods.
    3- Click on Add a new payment method to add your new payment method.
    4- Now make your way to My plans.
    5- For each of your plans, click on Manage plan/Payment method, and associate your new payment method.
    6- Then, select the payment method you no longer want to us, and click on Delete.

If you associate a new credit card with your plans, you can also force the payment
    My Plans → Manage Plan → Payment method → Make my monthly payment. Once payment has been made, your service will be restored within 2 hours.

If you old card is still valid you can use it to make this month paiement
  • Yu-Yueh
    Options
    I associated the payment method to the plan, made is default and pressed make payment button.
    I also tried re-adding my card several times and retrying the payments without success.
  • Yu-Yueh
    Options
    My internet service got suspended because of the failed payments so this is urgent.
  • StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options
    Ok, it is a Canadian credit card right?
    It’s weird that it is not working. Can you try a debit card, just this time around to sort everything out later on?
  • Yu-Yueh
    Options
    It's a Canadian Credit Card. I don't think I can use my Debit Card to make the payment though.
  • StefanM
    Options
    Try it. I believe you can !
  • Yu-Yueh
    Options
  • Yu-Yueh
    Options
    Take a look at:
    https://community.fizz.ca/questions/2504079-added-credit-card-set-default-payment-wasn-t-taken-internet-working#question_2504079_answers
    Looks like other people also had the same problem when their credit card expires and they use a new credit card with the SAME number but DIFFERENT expire date and cvv.
    The issue is with Fizz.
  • StefanM
    Options
    Oh, I didn’t think that Canadian Banks still issue debit only card. I thought all of them are Visa and MasterCard debits.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,902 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Yu-Yueh

Sorry you having difficulty with Fizz to make a payment.

If your old card is still good until end of February, can you try making a payment with the old card? Or perhaps you can try with a different card while Fizz investigates the issue.

At least you will be able to have your service restored.
  • Gabriele G.
    Gabriele G. Posts: 167 ✭✭
    Options
    I had the same issue when my credit card expired and got the new one. I added a new credit card in my account with the same number but different expiration date and cancelled the old one. In this way the payment went through. Hope this helps!
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Options
    Hello Yu-Yueh,
    I am sorry about the situation you encountered.
    I can see that you recently contacted our support team and the situation was escalated for further investigations.
    Rest assured you will receive a solution as soon as possible via e-mail address.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding
    Alexandru
This discussion has been closed.