won't accept my payment method?

Options
i'm a new customer and i want to sign up for internet and when i get to part where i need to add my payment method it keeps on declining both my cards. This make no sense i don't know what else i can do to fix this and it suck that i can not live chat to anyone.

Answers

• Emmanuel S. #36497
    Emmanuel S. #36497 Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Options
    Is it a pre-paid card, Fizz won't accept those. You can call your card provider and they can tell you why it was declined
  • StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Imran,
    Fizz won't accept any prepaid cards as well as most international credit cards. Make sure it's a Canadian credit card or debit card.
    More information can be found here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-payment-methods-can-i-use
  • Sylvieb
    Sylvieb Posts: 1,620 ✭✭
    Options
    You can use a Visa or MasterCard credit card to pay for your Fizz plans.
    - including Visa or MasterCard prepaid cards which accept recurring payments
    - including also Debit MasterCard or Visa Debit card
    Other cards such as debit cards, American Express (Amex), Dinners, and others are not accepted.
    Foreign credit/debit cards are not all accepted.
    You also cannot use the funds from your Fizz Wallet to pay for your monthly plan.

Once your payment method has been added to your Fizz account, you must associate it to each plan you want to pay with that card. That is not done automatically. To associate your payment method to each of your plans:
    1. Log into your Fizz account.
    2. Select the plan, and click on Manage/Payment method

Buying a Fizz phone.
    If you’re buying a Fizz phone, you can pay it in total upfront using one of the payment methods listed here just above.
    If paying upfront is not your thing, paying in instalments with PayBright is possible. PayBright is a Canadian company that offers financing plans to spread the cost of a purchase over monthly payments. PayBright must approve your request since the payments to pay for your phone will be done to PayBright, not Fizz. Approval merely takes a few minutes usually.
    How PayBright works

IMPORTANT - Address associated to the Credit Card
    When you enter the information for your payment method, the billing address associated to your card must correspond to the address you declared to your bank for that card. The right info must be entered in the corresponding fields, and the address needs to be 100% identical. Pay attention to the following items:
    The name of the street (Ave, avenue)
    Special works (Saint, St, Ste)
    Hyphens
    Spaces
    Spelling
    Tip: Make a copy and paste of what is written in your credit card statement.
    If the address and postal code that you associate to your payment method are not identical to that declared to your bank for that card, you won’t be able to add this payment method.
  • imran P.
    imran P. Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    i know all of this , what`s dumb about this whole thing is that it`s the same card i used to get my moms internet and it was accepted before. It`s a fizz problem and i`m not to impressed on their whole system. Also tried another card still not working.
  • Ianic
    Ianic Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options
    I ran into the same problem last week and today. I think it may be related with hopping from one account to another. What seems to have done the job for me was clearing the history and the cache of my browser (Safari). Extremely frustrating.
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Options
    imran,
    Sorry, about this situation.
    Please, ask for help and contact the Fizz customer service by chat.
    First, log to your Fizz account.
    Then, click on:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-update-my-payment-method-or-credit-card-information
    Click on the green interrogation point when you see it down to the right of the page and click on: the green chat bubble.
This discussion has been closed.