My internet stopped working completely, how do I fix this?

Options
I cannot connect to my Fizz wifi anymore. I tried unplugging the modem, and the factory reset which did not change anything. The modem seems to be working because the lights are on (see photo), but my wifi network does not appear in the list of networks I can connect to. I have been in this situation for 2 days and I am working from home so this is becoming urgent. Since there is no customer service I can talk to and I am paying for a service I am not getting I think my only option is to cancel my subscription if I don't find a solution quickly.

Best Answer

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,901 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Elodie

You must contact Fizz support. The orange ring light can be a sign the modem is not working properly and may need to be replaced.

Have you tried connecting via ethernet cable? If that works, you can use it for now.

You can contact Fizz customer support by chat:
    1- Click on this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it
    2- The green chat bubble with the ? should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
    3- Click on it, and select chat if available, or any other option

Answers

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options
    So all your devices can’t connect?
    If that is the case I suspect there is a faulty antenna involved.
  • Elodie D. #38221
    Elodie D. #38221 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options
    Indeed, none of my device connect. I am a bit at loss as I don't seem to be able to reach the customer service. When I click on the chat option, nothing happens, only the forum and FAQ work (see video).
    I cannot connect to an ethernet cable, as I am using a recent Macbook pro and I have no adapter. I am using my phone's data to write this, which is not the best.
  • StefanM
    Options
    Okay, this seems to be an antenna problem then.
    Try to use your phone browser to connect to support.
    On your desktop you could also try private mode or another browser. Sometimes the website is a bit buggy.
  • Emmanuel S. #36497
    Emmanuel S. #36497 Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Options
    Does the wired connection work ?
    *edit* just saw your reply seem you cannot test it. That would really be the first troubleshooting step, you could see if you have anything else with ethernet you can try with (a TV, console etc..)
  • StefanM
    Options
    Just tried to connect via chat on my phone. Works perfectly
  • StefanM
    Options
    @Emannuel, can’t connect because a MacBook Pro is used and you need a special adapter for that
  • Elodie D. #38221
    Options
    StefanM, do you think the reason why you can connect to the chat is because you're connected to your Fizz internet? I cannot connect to the chat through computer or phone, that's odd.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,901 ✭✭
    Options
    Elodie

Yes it the chat option you want to select.

You can try with a different browser or clear your browser cache and try with a new tab in private mode. As suggested, you can also try with another device. You can also try restarting your device.

If it refuses to work, you can try with a different help page like: https://fizz.ca/fr/faq/comment-gerer-le-rendez-vous-avec-un-technicien-mon-adresse-de-service

Or select the Messenger option to leave a message and they will reply as time permits.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,727 ✭✭
    Options
    Élodie

Logout from your account and try again (after clicking on the chat it will ask to login)
  • Elodie D. #38221
    Options
    I could connect to the chat by using Safari instead of Chrome. Thank you so much!
  • StefanM
    Options
    Happy to hear that! Good luck !
  • Sharpie22
    Sharpie22 Posts: 401 ✭✭
    Options
    You really should contact Fizz customer support !!!
  • StefanM
    Options
    I hope the problem could be sorted
  • Gabriele G.
    Gabriele G. Posts: 167 ✭✭
    Options
    Try to contact the Fizz support, I hope they can help you!
  • Elodie D. #38221
    Options
    In the end a technician came to my home. The modem was simply broken and he changed it - it works now. Thank you everyone for your help
  • JoanMr
    JoanMr Posts: 330 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi,
    Is your problem resolved? If not, please let us know. If yes, please chose the best answer and that will close this topic. Have a great day !
This discussion has been closed.