Is there any data on my old SIM Card that will be lost or unavailable when i install the FIZZ SIM ca

Options
I just received my new Fizz SIM card and I am about to install it into my phone.
Before i do that, i was wondering if there Is any data on my old SIM Card that will be lost or unavailable when i install the FIZZ SIM card?
If so, how do i transfer that data to my new FIZZ Card and /or phone?

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,723 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Alessandro

Usually all the data are stored in the phone, but this depend from your configuration, the SIM can contain the contacts and SMS

Also check the phone configuruation and force a full backup of your data in the cloud (with google for android and iClouse for Apple)

The SMS are not saved (in certain google phone) therefore if you need check on the store there are application to do that.

You can always put back the old SIM if you are missing some data
  • StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options
    Usually all your data is stored on your phone. You only need to make sure that your SIM card hasn’t any contacts on it.
    Generally phones are set to store them on the phone or via cloud. So you shouldn’t have any issues
  • Sharpie22
    Sharpie22 Posts: 401 ✭✭
    Options
    There can be a couple of contacts stored on the SIM, that's about it.
  • Emmanuel S. #36497
    Emmanuel S. #36497 Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Options
    Sim cards can hold contacts, but thats about it, and even then it's very limited so probably they are being stored on your phone and not the sim card unless they were there from before you had a smart phone or something like that.
This discussion has been closed.