Is my Modem defective?

Options
Lunisford
Lunisford Posts: 6 ✭✭
Losing wifi internet almost every day.
After resetting it seems to go back to normal, yet it will fail the next day or 2 days after.
I'm really interested in finding the cause, I live in a relatively small appartement with my gf and 30mpbs never was a problem.
I'm no necessarily losing wifi, its just that the modem/router seems to log off any phones by saying "denied access to network". Every other wifi devices such as smart light or google home stay connected and have internet without issue or delay.
It seems like Fizz is using a modem that likes to lock people out of their own home. I've never been able to use the Fizz app to check the internet speed , its 1:Either crashing or 2 :Taking a ton of time to reach the modem yet speed is fine.
On wired speed test its fine.
Also, its seems that the modem is very slow and freeze on his own , stopping any wifi signals and limiting its power to simple internet trafic. In other word, I can't access the modem with http://192.168.0.1/. Its an eternal loop.
It will work for 5 minutes after resetting the modem.
I am aware such "tech box" can be bothering, but its not even one year old and seems to act like a 7 years-old router.
I may very well switch company because of covid working at home is getting stressful with any reliable internet, considering FIZZ isn't strong on its support.
I'm also aware that the servers that fizz are using are quite crappy, some streaming services just don't work with fizz since its an underground low quality line.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.