Why is roaming in Nova Scotia so awful?

While roaming in Nova Scotia with Canada-wide coverage on my plan, eventhough the coverage map show support for almost all the province, I have terrible coverage! My mobule connection is almost always at 0 bars. When i make a call, it wont go through until at least one bar shows up. I'm not in a super remote area, but it is rural and above ground so there are no obstructions. Forger about mobile internet speeds and I can only imagine how many calls I've missed. I always had full covererage with my previous providers when i was roaming in Nova Scotia with Virgin Mobile and Telus Mobility.

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,643 ✭✭
    Hi Geoffrey

Did you try to select an other Fizz Ext?

Fizz has agreements with providers which can have limited coverage in your zone.

Here are two examples:

Android: Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search networks

iPhone: Settings → Operators → Search

You can contact Fizz support by chat

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Click on this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/subscription-area-and-coverage-area
    3- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,643 ✭✭
    Geoffrey

You should try randomly since the name is replace by Fizz Ext, but they are different providers
  • Gilles
    Gilles Posts: 1,340 ✭✭
    Maybe is the covid-19 that affected your connection...
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Hi, Geoffrey
    Please, contact the Fizz customer service by chat and inform them that the roaming service in Nova Scotia is not really good with others providers.
    If they can suggest something to get a better service.
This discussion has been closed.