New Fizz modem taking a long time to set up?

Oren W.
Oren W. Posts: 3 ✭✭
I installed my new Fizz model about 3 hours ago, and the upload light is still flashing. @ light is not on at all. My internet devices can connect to it, but they say it's not connected to the internet. Also the Installer guide Step 5 said when I opened a web browser it would send me to a EASY Connect interface. That's not happening either. What am I missing?

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭
    Hi Oren

If the modem is not updating and the status has been unchanged for 30 minutes, please power it down and verify that the coaxial cable has been well inserted at both ends (modem and wall outlet).

If the problem continues, you can contact customer support by chat at any time 24/7:

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.
    3- Open a Fizz help page like this one: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-install-my-wi-fi-modem
    4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.

p.s. @Oren, I guess you prefer Whizz's reply (even though best answer was already given).
    Good luck with your internet!
  • Gilles
    Gilles Posts: 1,340 ✭✭
    Does the videotron tech test your conection before leaving?
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,803 admin
    Hello Oren,
    Apologies for the unpleasant situation.
    I have verified your modem on my end and it does not appear to be properly connected. Please unplug the modem from the power outlet and verify if the coaxial cable is tightly screwed in as Fizzy as well. After that, plug the modem in a different power outlet and wait for 5 minutes, then test to see if the connection works now.
    If not, please follow Fizzy's suggestion to reach us by chat as we will need a few more tests done as well as some more details.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good day.
    Catalin
This discussion has been closed.