Answered question

How do I replace my current Fizz telephone # with my work cellular #?

I have an existing telephone # at my work. Everybody knows this telephone number (along with multiple web service providers such as Facebook). I am retiring and my company has provided me with all the information I need to perform the transfer, such as my provider name, my account #, my IMEI #. As a side note, I no longer have my office cell phone.

I also have a current telephone # with Fizz. I would like to replace my existing Fizz telephone # with my work cell #.

1) Can I perform this transfer with Fizz as my provider?
2) Reading the on-line help it appears to be straightforward as I have all the information; however, I think that I would need a new SIM card for my current Fizz phone for this work (and if yes how would I get it from Fizz)?
3) I tried to find the on-line option to "Transfer my number" and could not find it.

Thank You.



User level
1 / 100

Hi Johanne

Unfortunately Fizz does not offer the option to transfer your number to an existing plan.

So you would need to activate a new plan in order to facilitate the transfer.

Note that official business numbers are not eligible to be transferred to Fizz. Also you must be transferring from a cellular provider and the number must be from Quebec or greater Ottawa area (also known as the Fizz subscription area):

The infos posted in the above replies is valid. As mentioned, you can get a free SIM card from Couche-Tard. Also if you plan to deactivate your current Fizz plan, do hang on to your Fizz SIM card. As Fizz SIM cards can be recycled and used again when activating a new plan.

If you have any questions, you can Live chat with Fizz support at any time 24/7:
1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at
2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.
3- Open a help link page from Fizz Solution Hub:
4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers


You must validate this with Fizz's support


It is not possible to transfer an administrative phone number — for example, a number associated with an organization or public institution.

You cannot replace your phone number, you always need a new SIM card or close the previous one, wait the end of your billing cycle and after you can reuse the SIM.

Since you cannot transfer the number on an existing plan.

This is the guide

If there is no improvement, you can contact customer support by chat at anytime 24/7:
1- Click on this link:
2- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner. Click on it
3- Select chat

If you cannot make the portability, you can always port to a different provider under your name and transfert to Fizz later on, but I do not think this will be the best solution.

Here the information how to sign up for Fizz mobile, please follow the instructions here:

Once you have your SIM card, go here:

You will need to have a valid credit card on hand:

If you transfer your number, here are the instructions:

Otherwise, you can select a new phone number.

This is also a good time to join Fizz as they are giving $50 bonus credit to new customers (until January 6 2021). If you decide to open a new account.

If you need a referral code, there is a list here:

Hi Johanne,
I think you will need a new SIM card to transfer your number to Fizz. Fizz will do the transfer for you.
You can get a new SIM card for free with the Couche-Tard apps at a participating Couche-Tard. Better call first to see if they have in stock.



User level
213 / 750

Here's the guide for you. Remember - you cannot transfer your number to an existing sim in any case. But on new - you must try.
1. Define one of your relatives for new sim activation, register him/her on the Fizz site.
2. Get a free new sim card in Couche-Tard
3. Try to transfer your number to a new sim card
4. Don't forget to use your referral code during activation
5. Then you can downgrade your current plan with Fizz and close it after two months or give it to your relatives

There is a workout. Go ahead to buy a pi luck mobile sim $10. Activate it and port your old numbers. After it, buy a fizz sim and port public mobile number .that's it. I did it a few times so it's guaranteed a working solution.