Does the keyword filter in the Hitron hub work well for anyone?

Options
Hi. I tried to set up some filters to block certain web sites on my kids' computers, but the keyword filter on the modem seems very hit-and-miss. I've gone as generic as possible with the keywords, e.g. using "facebook" instead of "facebook.com", and the filters seem to work on some machines, but not on others.
Even on the computers where the sites do get blocked, the block sometimes stops applying, without any change of settings.
It seems very random and unreliable. I don't have any proxy, VPN, or alternate DNS settings on any of these computers. I've read the Hitron manual and made sure the filter is set to be active all day every day without any exceptions. (see screenshot). I've rebooted the router and all the machines a bunch of times, cleared browser cache and it's still random.
Has anyone got it to work reliably? I know I can use workarounds like OpenDNS or setting a filtering proxy on a machine on my network, but I'd rather keep it simple and use the built-in functionality if possbile.
thanks!

Answers

• JoanMr
    JoanMr Posts: 330 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi,
    Is your problem resolved? If not, please let us know. If yes, please chose the best answer and that will close this topic. Have a great day !
  • Gilles
    Gilles Posts: 1,340 ✭✭
    Options
    Wow, this question has been open for 1 month, chezzwizz what are you doing?!?
This discussion has been closed.