How to fix my mobile communication weak signal?

Options
Since I switched to Fizz from Koodo, my mobile communication has a lot of drops and statics during calls. I checked my signal strength and I have between 107-125dBm (which is pretty weak). Someone I know and living in Montreal told me he has around 107dBm. For testing, I put my wife's sim (Koodo) on my phone and I had 67 dBm. I put my sim (Fizz) in her Samsung S7 and I got 109 dBm. I'm living in Brossard and I'm using an Oneplus 7T. Could anyone confirm a weak signal with Fizz or can help me fix the problem I would greatly appreciate it. I would switch back to Koodo with I can't find a fix to the problem. I tried the recommended solution from Fizz with no luck https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-can-i-do-if-mobile-network-coverage-is-weak-or-inaccessible

Answers

• Alzhi
    Alzhi Posts: 305 ✭✭
    Options
    Hello Minh!
    I have a similar scenario as well. I live in Montreal and my phone is around -111dBm. I haven't notice any static in my calls but depending where I am in my home, I get a little better and a little worst. My old service provider was stronger in terms of signal as well. I believe this is because of the Voice Over LTE feature that Big Name provider offers. The signal received is stronger and the calls wont be made using 3G.

If you select your network manually for FIZZ It help a bit, got mine down to around -90dBM but it fluctuate a lot.

I guess for now there is no miracle solution other than hope that FIZZ eventually launch a VOLTE service

Have a good day
This discussion has been closed.