upload speed close to zero

Options
My upload speed drops to zero several times a day. I can get it back up by restarting my modem, which I am doing about 3 times a day. It may seem like an easy solution but because my husband and I are both working from home it is becoming a problem. Is there anything I can do, a more long-lasting solution to this problem?
Thanks

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,731 ✭✭
    Options
    Fatima,
    can you try to do a factory reset

Using a thin, pointed object, hold the restart button on the Wi-Fi modem for 10+ seconds.

Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions as when you first installed it.

IMPORTANT: this operation will reset any changes that have been made to the settings of your Wi-Fi modem to date. You may also have to reconfigure the Wi-Fi settings of your devices (network name, password, etc. .)

The default username of your Wi-Fi network, as well as the corresponding password, are written on a sticker affixed to the back of your Wi-Fi modem (Default Wi-Fi network and Default key).

If you would like to contact Fizz, you can Live chat with support from 8 AM to 9 PM every day:

1- Go on this pagehttps://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-manage-my-fizz-account
    2- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
    3- Click on it and select iMessage

If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.
  • Mo A.
    Mo A. Posts: 234 ✭✭
    Options
    @Fatima,
    I've got the same problem as you right now, you need to talk with customer service, see this link may can help. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-slow-how-do-i-make-it-faster
    Regards
    Mo
  • Billy N. #35415
    Billy N. #35415 Posts: 248 ✭✭
    Options
    You can ask fizz on the live chat through the website, facebook messenger or twitter. They are usually there 24/7 on social media. They will be glad to help you!
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Options
    Hello Fatima,
    We're sincerely sorry to hear about this. I kindly wish to inform you that I checked your account and there are no maintenance works currently carried out in your area which could affect the service. Your signals are all within norms and I can see that the proper upload speed is being provided as well, 11.8Mbps at the moment. It's a little higher than the 10Mbps currently included in the plan since we always try to provide a bit more to ensure our customers are getting the proper speed.
    In this case, we will need further information regarding the situation, if for example the issue is only via Wifi or Ethernet as well and have a few speed test examples as well. I invite you to contact us so we can be able to further help with this: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    Thank you so much for your understanding.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Ioana
This discussion has been closed.