Non-existant Contact Form

Options
I received a message saying that my number could not be transferred to Fizz, and I would have to book a contact call. A big button says "Make an appointment", but clicking it just takes me to the standard account page, where there are no "types of appointment" that apply (or even can be used as a fake reason, as they all just go to other things that would make matters worse).
There's at least one other recent post on the community hub with the same issue; unfortunately the posted answer isn't helpful to anyone other than the poster.
No popup chat bubble has been present for the last half hour - this seems to usually be the case, and has been ever since our family joined Fizz at its opening. Teething problems are one thing, but it's been long enough to get this under control!

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,725 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Caroline
    If you already try to change the browser

Try to chat with them, I tried and I able to have the bubble

In case of problem, you can contact Fizz support by chat from 8 am to 9 pm

1- Log in to your account (see top right) THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
    2- Any ad blocker in your browser must be disabled.
    3- You must be on a help sheet: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-having-problems-transferring-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz-why-what-can-i-do
    4- The green bubble should appear in bottom right of the page
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,897 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Caroline

The message means that Fizz encountered a problem trying to transfer your mobile number from your old provider.

As suggested by Mike, you need to contact Fizz support on one of the Fizz help pages by opening the green chat bubble. If you do not see the chat bubble, you can also try with another browser or a different device or try clearing your browser cache/cookies.

Before contacting Fizz, make sure
    1. Your account with your old provider needs to be active.
    2. Block port transfer is not enabled with your old provider account.
    3. To give Fizz the correct info from your old provider account
    - your full name on the account
    - your account number (or IMEI from phone)
    While you are waiting for the transfer to complete, you should be able to make outgoing calls and send out texts with your Fizz SIM card. Calls and texts to your number will continue to go to your old provider SIM card until the transfer is complete. Once the transfer is complete, your old provider account will close automatically and that old SIM card will no longer work.
  • Caroline N. #34944
    Options
    Thanks both for a quick reply.
    1. I generally use Firefox, but am currently in Chrome. Still no bubble. Does it use unusual ports that need to be opened?
    2. I do understand what the underlying issue is -- I've worked for many years in tech R&D -- but I'm just finding it impossible to contact anyone (except via here) about this. We have moved five of our seven Rogers lines over to Fizz in the last months, and most transfer without issue. This one is probably because it's the lead Rogers account, but it's not the last.The remaining one is supposed to be separate, but the system probably still doesn't like moving the lead account with subaccounts still remaining.
    UPDATE
    Green bubble has now appeared, will follow up there...
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,101 admin
    Options
    Hello Caroline,
    We're sincerely sorry about this situation and that you've encountered difficulties in reaching us. Checking your account, I see that you were able to contact us and also, I kindly wish to tell you that the line has been fully transferred to Fizz. If you'd like, you can check our page for steps on how to see if your services are working successfully: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-test-my-fizz-line
    Thank you so much for your understanding and rest assured, if you need further assistance you can reach out to us whenever needed: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    Have a wonderful day,
    -Ioana
This discussion has been closed.