Modem issue, lights are not showing up. Why?

Options
I rebooted the modem and the lights of the 2.4 and 5Ghz are not showing up anymore. So now I do not have any internet connection. What should I do? See picture attached

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,749 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Sandra,
    it seems that you disabled the WIFI
    you have 2 options, connect a modem with the ethernet cable in order to access the configuration page.

Or reset to the factory settings by pressing and holding for 20 seconds the small button at the back of your modem, with a pen or a paperclip. You need to redo the installation procedure after that.

here's how to contact customer support by chat, from 8 AM to 9 PM everyday:

1- Connect to your Fizz account (if you have more than one, connect to the one that has the problem) by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Click on this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it
    3- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • Domenico C. #4571
    Domenico C. #4571 Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Options
    As Mike mentioned, you may have disabled your WiFi. Another possibility is that you've disabled your Gateway function (basically, turning off the router). Once you connect to your modem by plugging a PC directly into the ethernet jack on the back of the device, go to 192.168.0.1 (or, it may have changed to 192.168.100.1) and log in with the cusadmin user (the password should be your WiFi password). Then, go to the basic tab and check if the "Residential Gateway Function" is set to "Disabled". Set it to "Enabled" to re-enable the router. You should only disable the Residential Gateway Function if you intend to use your own router, bypassing the one built into the Fizz modem.
    If all this seems too complicated (it can be for some), resetting your modem is a good option, as well, as Mike mentioned.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,166 admin
    Options
    Hello Sandra,
    Apologies for the situation experienced.
    Looking into your account and connection I could see that you are able to connect your devices to the modem.
    If the situation is still present and the steps that Mike and the others didn't work, please follow their advice and contact our support department for a look from our end.
    Thank you for understanding.
    Have a good one!
    Nicolae Bogdan
This discussion has been closed.