Why does the wifi not work even when connected?

I live near guy Concordia metro in Montreal. All day (Oct. 14th) the internet has been down and I have to use my data. Is there an outage in my area? I have restarted my modem multiple times, but the problem has not gone away. This is a recurring problem. At least once a week I have to restart my modem because the wifi does not work, however today restarting it has not fixed the problem.

Answers

• Danny M. #31189
    Danny M. #31189 Posts: 378 ✭✭
    Hi Olivia :)
    You should get in touch with fizz support!
  • Olivia K. #33319
    Olivia K. #33319 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Hi Danny,
    I have tried to get in touch with fizz support, however I have received no answer so far :)
  • Samuel C. 73358
    Samuel C. 73358 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Hey Olivia, if the problem is this reoccurring you should contact fizz themselves and they will help you solve your issue.
    All the best
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭
    Hi Olivia

What lights are displayed on the front of the modem? This could help determine whether there is a problem in your area.

Please try unplugging your modem from the electrical outlet for a few minutes. Also unplug the coaxial cable to make sure it is fits well in the modem and also at the wall outlet.

Try restarting your modem.

You can contact customer support by chat, from 8 AM to 9 PM every day:

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.
    3- Click on this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-modem-connected-cable-my-connection-keeps-cutting-out-how-do-i-fix
    4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • Olivia K. #33319
    Olivia K. #33319 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Hi Fizzy,
    I have attached a picture of the lights on my modem. The 5G light and the light above the 2G light are flashing.
    Thanks!
  • Andrée
    Andrée Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Sorry Olivia for your problem,
    I would also contact Fizz by chat, this is not normal.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭
    Hi Olivia

Your modem is well connected to Fizz network.

Please check your account to make sure your plan payments are up-to-date.

Then try restarting your devices (phone, tablet, laptop) as well.

If the problem persists, you may try a factory reset of the modem. Press and hold the small button found behind the modem for 10+ seconds using a sharp object like a paper clip end.
    After this, you will need to redo any custom configurations done when you first received the modem.

If the problem continues, you can contact customer support by chat, from 8 AM to 9 PM every day:

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.
    3- Click on this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-device-cannot-connect-wi-fi-how-do-i-fix
    4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,801 admin
    Hello Olivia,
    Apologies for the encountered issue.
    I have verified your account and I see that you've reached us by chat and one of my colleagues has assisted with this matter.
    Hope everything is working well now.
    Have a good day.
    Catalin
This discussion has been closed.