The route is not stable, is there known security issue?

Options
Yan S. #32605
Yan S. #32605 Posts: 1 ✭✭
Hello,
I have experienced some issue with the Fizz router:
1. Wifi signal drop
I confirmed it is not induvial device problem, the router's WIFI signal will stop broadcasting once a while.
2. Wifi security hole
Sometimes, after the fizz router stopped broadcasting WIFI signal, the wifi signal comes back a few mins later, but it becomes public WIFI, everyone can connect without password. Have to restart router in this case.
So I have to switch to my own WIFI device, now everything works fine.

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,904 ✭✭
    Options
    Hello Yan

Thank you for sharing your experience. Glad you have already figured out a solution.
    I have not experienced these issues myself so I believe the modem is not operating normally.

If others encounter this situation, I believe you have given a good solution or they can start by doing a factory reset of the modem. Of course if the situation continues or worsens, feel free to contact Fizz support.
  • So_AR
    So_AR Posts: 776 ✭✭
    Options
    I solved the issue by using my own router and bridge my modem
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Options
    Hi Yan,
    I'm sorry to learn about the inconvenience you've experienced.
    If this ever happens again, please unplug the coaxial cable from the coaxial outlet and the modem respectively, wait for bout 30 seconds, then plug it back in the outlet first and then in the modem, then restart it.
    Also, please perform a factory reset of the modem by using a sharp object to press on the small button in the orifice behind the modem for 15 to 20 seconds, then let the modem reboot itself and test the connection.
    You could also contact us directly for assistance in realtime.
    Here you can find more information about how you can do that: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    Andrei
This discussion has been closed.