I need help with my connection?

Options
Could you help me up grade my connection?
The account is still under another name but it’s my credit card I need more speed for attending to my classes online ! My connection is very slow today
Help me please

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,729 ✭✭
    Options
    What speed do yo have?
  • Noah B. #31341
    Noah B. #31341 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options
    Just go to https://fast.com/ and you'll be able to test your connection speed. With 5mbps (mega-byte per second) you should be ok. 10mbps would be optimal imho.
  • Lieux
    Lieux Posts: 2,528 ✭✭
    Options
    Eve it’s complicated...not your account but your credit card...ask the person with the account to change the plan for your internet. But it will be effective next payment...
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-would-like-to-change-my-fizz-home-internet-plan-how-do-i-do-this
    You can change your plan at anytime by loging into your account. Although, the changes you make will only take effect at the beginning of your next payment cycle.

You can adjust your upload/download speed, but not your usage — at launch Fizz Home Internet gives you unlimited usage!

How to change your plan:
    Click on Adjust plan.
    Here you will be able to choose the speed that’s perfect for your needs.
    Which speed should I choose?
    As you adjust your plan, your new monthly fee will be displayed below.
    When you’re happy with your adjustments and monthly fee, click Save.
    These changes (and fee) will take effect at the start of your next payment cycle.
    Important – any change to your plan must be made 48 hours before the end of your payment cycle. During those 48 hours, systems are frozen and no change can be made. You’ll therefore have to wait for the next payment cycle.

On the first day of your payment cycle, when your new plan will be valid, make sure to restart your Wi-Fi modem:
    1. Unplug the power cable on your Wi-Fi modem.
    2. Make sure all the lights on the modem are off once you have unplugged it.
    3. Wait ten (10) seconds.
    4. Plug your modem back into the electrical outlet. Expect a three (3) minute delay to allow your devices to reconnect to the Wi-Fi network.
This discussion has been closed.