Moving from Quebec to BC

Options
Hi! I’ll be moving soon to BC and was wondering if I can keep the same plan / phone number since my account will no longer be linked to a Quebec address? Thanks!

Answers

• Mastaiso
    Mastaiso Posts: 835 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Katia, Fizz is only available in Quebec, if you have the Canada coverage it will work temporarily. After 3 consecutives months they will block the Extended network.
  • Katia B. #27782
    Options
    Thank you all!
    That’s really unfortunate.... I’ll be in BC for a contract that will last less than 6 months...
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Options
    Katia,
    You can keep the Fizz mobile plan for three more months if you have the Canada Coverage. After this time, Fizz will block your plan, you do not living in the green subscription aera of Fizz anymore..
  • Matthew A. #24717
    Matthew A. #24717 Posts: 375 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Katia,
    If you want to keep your phone number you can reduce your plan down to the minimum which I think is about $10.46 a month (plus taxes). You can make this change during the third month you are away and pay this while you are gone - just don't use your phone during this time or they will block your plan. When you get back to Quebec you can change your plan back to what you had before (at the new price). https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-put-my-plan-pause
    Just an FYI
  • Patricia C5YQZ
    Patricia C5YQZ Posts: 2,701 ✭✭
    Options
    Unfortunately it is not possible to use your phone with Fizz outside of the long term Fizz network.

You will unfortunately have to cancel your contract

For more information, contact the customer support

- Make your way to the Solution Hub.
    - On the help page pertaining to your issue, click on the chat bubble located in the lower right-hand corner.

Our business hours.

The chat service is available every day from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST. The chat bubble won’t appear outside of these business hours.

Leave us a message.

If demand is too high or it’s out of our business hours, leave us a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter private. We’ll get back to you so you don’t have to waste your precious time waiting around.
This discussion has been closed.