SIM Delivery Address on fizz website ignores the entered apartment number?

Just as an FYI to anyone else who experiences this. when you order a new SIM, even though the website allows you to enter an apartment number, the actual address that gets passed to the courier will remove this apartment number. Right before ordering, double check that your apartment number is there. Regardless, the courrier (seems to be Planete Courrier) just sticks it on the outside of the building, so just go get it as soon as you get a delivery notification.
Maybe Fizz should fix their website and capture the actual address instead of just the street name and number, until then, just 'override' it and put in your own aparment in the street box, including any buzzer you might need.
Thanks!

Answers

• Gabriel L. 46478
    Gabriel L. 46478 Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Same happened here..
  • Mastaiso
    Mastaiso Posts: 834 ✭✭
    You can always put the app number before the actual address like 6-4512 xxxx
  • RADU D. #30727
    RADU D. #30727 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    yeah putting the apt. number in front should work, but the address form specifically has a box that says 'apartment' (it even allows you to pick the apartment type)
    so either that box is not there or it's there and is being considered when sent to the currier.
    either way, all the answers here are just confirmations that it happens to you too or workarounds, none of them is an actual solution to the problem.
    the only solution to this problem is: fizz must fix that address form or the thing that processes it on the backend.
  • Yes I had this problem too! The technician had to try and find my name on the intercom but had issues. I hope Fizz tries to fix this soon
  • Yelena
    Yelena Posts: 1,861 ✭✭
    As Radu mentioned, the delivery company Planète Courrier sticks the envelope on the front door of the building since they don't have acces like Canada Post. So even if your apartment number is accepted, you have to pick up the envelope from the front door.
    There is another option to buy the sim card in one of participating Couche Tard.
  • Samuel C. 64723
    Samuel C. 64723 Posts: 166 ✭✭
    Thanks for your question.
  • Patricia C5YQZ
    Patricia C5YQZ Posts: 2,685 ✭✭
    So, its explains why my friend who is in an apartment, had not received his SIM card!

He had to order another one and have it delivered to my address to be sure of receiving it.
  • Alex G. #30715
    Alex G. #30715 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    I have the exact same problem, though I have to reorder because they didn't just leave it there they simply shipped it back to fizz... I think I'll write my name on my mailbox like they do in Europe.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,809 admin
    Hello Alex,
    I have checked your account and I can see you've contacted our support department and they've managed to provide you an answer related to your situation.
    If you encounter anything else suspicious, don't hesitate to contact us by chat following the FAQ https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us.
    Have a nice day!
    Nicolae Bogdan
This discussion has been closed.