Help setting up the router....anyone?

Options
LymeJ
LymeJ Posts: 7 ✭✭
Hello i am a new fizz customer and i needed help setting up the router.My problem is that i went through all the steps (plug in power source,coaxial cable) waited for it for 15 mins as the instruction said and reseted the modem. So now i am stuck it is stuck ( blinking on only Downstream) for ever! but on the Manual it says that i have to have all the 5 lights on to proceed to the next steps. So i did some trouble shooting and i found out that it is not the coaxial cable(i just replaced it by the one from fizz) so my guess is its from the other side of the coaxial cable that there is a problem. But i also have my old internet just in case so i dont know if i need to disconnect that. Also i reached out to Fizz but unfortunately they are not available at the moment.

Answers

• SimonC
    SimonC Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Options
    All of that is after a technician came and set up your connection, right ? He never tested it ?
  • Samuel C. 64723
    Samuel C. 64723 Posts: 166 ✭✭
    Options
    The technician should have tested your line and confirmed that you were good to go.
    If problems persist, try connecting your modem to a computer with Ethernet. The setup works well from a physical connection. If not, you might need to ask fizz support for a second visit from a technician to resolve your issue.
  • Sergiy R.
    Sergiy R. Posts: 142 ✭✭
    Options
    You can see this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twL8M_nYJes to setup your modem.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,177 admin
    Options
    Hi yitbarek,
    I'm sorry to learn about the inconvenience you're experiencing.
    In this situation, I highly recommend and kindly invite you to contact us directly so we could assist you with this matter as soon as possible.
    Here you can find more information about how you can do that: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    The chat service is available every day from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST. The chat bubble won’t appear outside of these business hours.
    Have a good one!
    Andrei
  • Philip D. #28440
    Philip D. #28440 Posts: 93 ✭✭
    Options
    Were you able to get connected?
  • JoanMr
    JoanMr Posts: 330 ✭✭
    Options
    Hey,
    Is your question answered? If so, please chose the best answer and close this topic :)
    Have a good day