Internet down since August 17th - Eastern Townships

Options
Julien B. 40489
Julien B. 40489 Posts: 3 ✭✭
Anyone else experimenting this issue ? I have reached out to customer service and they are not helping, they say they are working to fix it but it's been 4 days! How hard can it be to have a working internet connection in 2020!?
Internet keeps dropping intermittently. I have tried bypassing with my own router but it was not better. When I do the internet connection it says wifi signal is good but internet is problematic...
Any help would be super appreciated since I work from home, I need internet to work!

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,924 ✭✭
    Options
    Check the led status, specifically the two arrows if they are blinking you have a problem with the cable. If you're not sure, you can post a picture of your modem lights in the forum.

If the modem lights are fine, you can try turning off the modem for 5 minutes. You can also do a factory reset if the problem persists. Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 10 seconds.

This is the Fizz guide
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it

And as you already know, you can contact Fizz support by chat, from 8 AM to 9 PM every day.
  • Nicolas L. 23324
    Nicolas L. 23324 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options
    the chat bubble is very useful and the employees are great
  • Julien B. 40489
    Options
    I am in Bromont and been experiencing this on/off poor connection since Monday. I did reach out through the chat and unfortunately they were not of much help. They told me there is a network issue and they are working on it. They can't say what it is, when it will be fixed and have no other way of helping. It's though cause I work from home so I have to admit I miss the more expensive but better service I had with videotron.
    Which is also interesting, isin't Videotron and Fizz the same network ? How come my connection was more solid with Videotron !?
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Options
    Julien,
    have you tried to do a reset of your modem?
    Press in with a pin for 35,40 seconds the reset button back in the center of the modem. Released it after and wait 3,4 minutes to see all the lights of the modem coming back.
    If your computer is connected to your modem with an ethernet câble, you'll see on the screen: Easy connect.
    Just types twice the factory password (back of your modem.
    Your internet connexion is supposed to be 100%, fonctionnal.
    Just re-connect all your devices with this password to your wi-fi network.
    I hope it will work for you.
  • Julien B. 40489
    Options
    Yes unfortunately I have tried everything I could think of. Unplugging the modem, resetting the modem, changing the coaxial cable (incase the current one was damaged), bypass via another router. Unfortunately none of it work and still no help from fizz. Internet still problematic today. Getting desperate.
This discussion has been closed.