Answered question

Do you receive fake rcmp call?

About once a week and they want money.

Im i the only one with this problem?

There has been a recent increase in these scam calls.
Android default phone app lets you mark phone numbers as spam and report them to a database which helps others as well as yourself as it can mark incoming calls as potential spam.
Google also has a feature on some phones to screen the call with a robo-answer on your end, so you can verify if the person is legitimate or not without even talking to them.

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Yes, i use to receive that kind of call juste like you once a week with my last phone number. Sadly, there is nothing to do because even if you block the last number you received a call from tell call you from an other one. Your phone number has be encrypted in their data base which they’ll use until they get caught. I’m sorry for you
Édouard

LemonHead
LemonHead

LemonHead

User level
Level
3763 / 5000
Unfortunately yes. It's just a scam.

You are not the only one @Sébastien. And I have notice a big increase in the last few month. I am considering changing my phone number. But I am sure that wont help either.

katevalls
katevalls

katevalls

User level
Level
177 / 750
I receive, daily or almost daily, fake calls from RCMP, Service Canada, ARC, Rogers, name iit! Seems like scammers have too much time during the pandemic and are offering us "more services"....!!!

Hi Sébastien

Sorry to hear about these annoying calls.

There is not much that can be done except to block unwanted calls on your phone or block those specific number(s).

If the caller does not receive an answer, eventually they will stop trying.

Olivier
Olivier

Olivier

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
Yes my friend why?

Stanley
Stanley

Stanley

User level
Level
2281 / 5000
Yes there's a few scams going on now.

Alexander
Alexander

Alexander

User level
Level
1186 / 2000
Really annoying! I get these calls all the f time!!