lose my phone number

Elnaz F.
Elnaz F. Posts: 13 ✭✭
Hi.
I want to move to another city of Canada. so I have to return my modem. however, I realize that afrter that I am not able to use my phone number. Is it correct? so what should I do to hold my phone number?

Answers

• André L. #16536
    André L. #16536 Posts: 647 ✭✭
    Please clarify your question. You have Fizz home internet AND Fizz mobile? You are returning your Fizz modem (that's fine) but want to keep Fizz mobile phone service and number?
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,715 ✭✭
    If you have a VoIP phone yes, otherwise the modem is only fo internet since fizz do not offer any phone line at the exception for the mobile.

If you have a mobile phone no, they are 2 different plans.

please give us more details
  • Elnaz F.
    ok great. no I don't have a VoIP phone.
  • Elnaz F.
    Hi Andre. yes I have to return my FIZZ modem. but I want to keep my Fizz phone number
  • Pascal
    Pascal Posts: 5,327 ✭✭
    If you move to another city in Canada. You have to go with a Canadian providers and take Canada coverage.

With Fizz you cannot use your phone in majority out of Quebec Fizz zone
  • Mike
    When you move to Toronto you cannot use the Fizz line for more than 3 consecutives billing cycles and you need to have at least a Canada coverage.

source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/partner-networks
  • Elnaz F.
    I am confused. I am in Montreal right now. I want to move to Toronto on 25th of August. So, I have to return my modem (Fizz modem) on 10th of August? can I return it on for example 20th of August?
    and I cannot use my phone number (Fizz mobile phone) in Toronto?
  • Elnaz F.
    I am comfused. I am in Montreal right now. I want to move to Toronto on 25th of August.
    So, I have to return my modem (Fizz Modem) on 10th of August? Can I return it on For example 20th of August?
    when I arrive to Toronto, I cannot use my phone number (Fizz mobile phone number)?
  • Patrick D. 61567
    Patrick D. 61567 Posts: 346 ✭✭
    I'm affrait you cannot keep your number in toronto because you will be outside of the subscription zone for too long. After 3 months, Fizz will block your mobile.
  • Mike
    Elnaz, When you unsubscribe you can decide which day will be your last day, Fizz gave you, during the unsubscription, the label in order to return the modem.

You can use your phone if one of the following points fit you:
    1- You have a Canada coverage or Canada/USA
    2- Or you add a travel addon for Canada, but you need to have one for the voice, one for the SMS, and one for the Data
    3- You have money in your Fizz's wallet
  • Kurt V.
    Kurt V. Posts: 353 ✭✭
    The modem has to do with internet at home and does not affect your phone number in any way. If you Want to keep your phone number when you subscribe with another company, you’ll have to let them know.