How do I increase the speed of my router or request a new router?

Options
Tim C. #27179
Tim C. #27179 Posts: 2 ✭✭
My router is clocking at -67 to -70 dBm when I am sitting right beside it as well as at my workstation. I have tried resetting it, changing channels, different devices but nothing improves the signal strength. The speed is fine but it keeps cutting be out of important work calls. Please help!

Answers

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Options
    Hello Tim,
    I have verified your modem's status from my end and the signals appear to be all within our functioning standards, but the amount of devices you currently have connected to the home internet network is too high for the plan you currently have selected. I suggest to go to My plans- Manage plan- Adjust plan and increase the speed of your home internet or decrease the amount of devices you are keeping connected to the wi-fi network and go into Modem's interface or in the Wi-Fi application to disable the band steering function. From the mobile app the band steering can be disabled by going to: My wi-fi-Select your network - Advanced Settings and in there there will be the option to disable this feature.
    A few more helpful tips can also be found here:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it#4
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good day.
    Catalin
This discussion has been closed.