Answered question

Samsung Galaxy A5 - consume alot of data?

I own a Samsung Galaxy A5 and i am new to mobile data. I activated my service yesterday with 1GB of data. I browsed through a few website (google.ca, staples.ca) just to test network connection and found out that it has consumed closed to 20MB of data. Is this normal? Now i am thinking 1GB might not be enough, and the add-on data are so expensive!

Anyone has any idea how to reduce data consumption? I have already turned on the Data Saver and remove "Allow background data usage" for all my apps.

Ka
Ka

Ka

User level
Level
54 / 100
Cute post, especially these day.I know a lot of people that cannot live without 20 GB of data monthly.For everyday browsing I found 2 GB per month to be enough but your mileage may vary.In time you will have enough perks and rewards in top of what you already pay for.

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Jorge
Jorge

Jorge

User level
Level
1255 / 2000
There is something I never figure out but just so you know fizz mobile always consume data even if you dont browse your internet.
But I would love to hear if someone else have a better idea

Hi, 20 Meg's are normal for the kind of browsing that you did. Continue browsing and see where you are in 2 weeks. Maybe you will need more data. You can also check in your account you should be able to activate a perk of 250 megs free each months. There is also several forums on Reddit where you can find user that share for free part of there unused data as a gift.
Have a nice day

Victoria
Victoria

Victoria

User level
Level
2270 / 5000
Pretty sure that it doesn't matter what phone you have for data consumption!

If you stay away from online videos and large images online. Your 1Gb will probably be quite alright. Testing based on a quick Online browse is not representative of what your long term consumption will be. Best of luck