Unable to connect mobile to Wifi?

Options
I was able to connect to Fizz via my laptop. However, when I enter all the wifi information for my cell phone ( motorola G6- not on a fizz plan) it does not pick it up. It is stuck at the authentication process. I checked the ID and the Key. Exactly the same entered on my laptop. Hopefully I get a quick answer! I am starting to regret my decision of choosing Fizz...

Answers

• vanigh
    vanigh Posts: 328 ✭✭
    Options
    Does your G6 see Fizz WiFi signal? maybe you should stop/disconnect mobile internet from your cell provider and and turn on WiFi from the Fizz router, some android devices don't switch between cell internet networks and home router, you have to do it Manually.
    Your cell Moto G6 is only 2 years old it is able to receive WiFi signal from Fizz Modem/router,
    (Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot).
  • Victoria C. #24523
    Victoria C. #24523 Posts: 367 ✭✭
    Options
    Probably check your mobile, I don't think it has anything to do with FIZZ. I can connect to wifi even without a simcard with my iPhone 4s, so should not be a problem with any other phone/SIM card...
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,921 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Dominique,

There are 2 things you can try:
    1. Reset the Fizz modem to factory settings. Press and hold the reset button on the back of the modem for 10 seconds.
    2. On your phone settings, delete the wifi entry and re-add it to start over. If the problem continues, please post the advanced wifi parameters (of the phone settings) on here for us to take a look and possibly advise.
  • SuperFizzeur
    SuperFizzeur Posts: 3,777 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Dominique!
    I think your motorola g6 is not compatible with the wi-fi, try to change the 2.4ghz to 20mhz for old devices that support only 2.4ghz, change too to b/g/n mixed, try to change mhz too for 5ghz band in the router 192.168.0.1. My old X-box 360 was like your motorola cell phone, and after this change it's worked. Personnaly i have an Motorola Edge+ and i can connect to wi-fi without any modification. If all solutions not working, you have to change cell phone, sorry. You need some knowledge to do this modification.
    Have a nice day!
    It's been a pleasure to assist you today.
    Sincerely, Matt.
    Don't hesit to mark my answer as the best answer :)
  • Dominique R. #26504
    Dominique R. #26504 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Problem fixed!
This discussion has been closed.